Phone problems and lost files

I've had some problem with my phone recently, not related to racechrono.
I had to reset my phone and reinstall racechrono. But some of my custom tracks now don't appear although the files are still there.
Is there any way I can get the files to link back in to the track list ?

Also I had the phone crash the other day while I had a session going and now it doesn't appear.
Is there any way to recover it ?, if the file isn't corrupted

Comments

• The files are located on /RaceChrono/ folder on phone storage. Look for track_storage.json for the tracks. If the names of the tracks you want don't appear there they are probably gone.

If the session has only channel_* files but the session.json or sessionfragment.json is gone, you can recover the session by starting a new session briefly, and then copying these two json files to the corrupted session. If some of the more important channel files have corrupted, then the session is gone.

I hope this helps!
  • Thanks aol
    I was able to recover part of the session.

I opened the track_storage.json file in a text editor and it only mentions the tracks that are appearing in the my tracks list. So I may have lost them (luckily most are not important) but there is one I really want back.
    All of the lost tracks still have .bin and .imported files in /RaceChrono/Tracks/
  • edited July 2014
    You can have those back by deleting the .imported files and restarting the app. It should re-import them. Please remember to create backups now :) At least until I create some cloud feature!
  • Thank aol
    All my tracks are back !!!