Update switched GPS from External to Internal.

Was at the track on the weekend & noticed that the recent update to V5.0.6 PRO for Android had changed my GPS setting from Garmin Glo to Internal GPS, so got inaccurate readings until I discovered it & switched back.
Never had an update change my GPS source setting in the last year of usage..

Friend at track, who also uses PRO version, had same bug/issue with his switching to internal instead of Qstarz. He switched it back & issue resolved.
Checked my wifes phone & her free standard version did not change & was still using external GPS - Garmin Glo.

Wife's phone & mine are both Samsung S3, friends phone was Samsung S4 or 5 I think.

Not a major bug, however it's a setting I'll be checking when getting ready at the track the next few times.

Thanks for the great program & great to see you now offer for iOS, many of my friends will be pleased.

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Hi, thank you for the bug report. There should not be difference between Pro and the free version, but there might be a special circumstance where this happen. I will run some tests. Did you upgrade from v4.x to v5.0.6 or did this happen between v5.0.x => v5.0.6 ?

Instead of checking the setting, you can also just start recording, and press the round button on bottom left to check the devices that are actually being recorded.
  • Thanks for quick reply.
    Haven't kept track of updates as I've had no problems, so it was just the latest automatic update of the app from previous version.
    All 3 of us have been running Race Chrono for a year or so.
    Just thought I'd mention it, as it happened to 2 people at the same time?
  • edited May 2017
    Definitely good thing you mentioned it! I'll do some testing to see if I can find it.