RaceChrono won't show any videos available when linking videos to session data

As the title suggests, I want to add my video to the session. I have exported the video from my GoPro to my phone and trying to to add it to the session. When I click the drop down box on both internal storage and external it shows no videos.

Am I missing something ?

Comments

• edited October 2018
    Hi @Jay_Dee_86 , I'm guessing you copied them to wrong folder. The target folders where to place the video files are listed at the end of this tutorial: https://racechrono.com/article/2059
  • Good morning. I am having the same issue.

I have tried to create folders in external storage, with no success.

I can see the file path that RaceChrono wants me to use, which is "/Android/data/com.racechrono.app/files/Movies/RaceChrono/"

For whatever reason, I cannot create a folder called "com.racechrono.app"; the closest I can make is "com.racechrono.apps" but isn't recognised by the RaceChrono app, when

While I have successfully saved videos to my internal storage, I will run out of space very quickly and I have over 60gb on the SD card external storage.

For what it is worth, I use a Xiaomi Redmi 4x and a GoPro Hero 3 silver.

Thanks fo
  • That should be "Thanks for your time."
  • Hello again.

Looking further, I can see the the APK name for the app is "com.racechrono.app" but Windows cannot find that folder when I search for it.

So, I understand now that I am meant to create a Movies folder within "com.racechrono.app" instead of creating a new folder.

My original issue remains, however.

Cheers.
  • The destination folders are as follows:

For free version with Pro upgrade: /Android/data/com.racechrono.app/files/Movies/RaceChrono/
    For separate Pro version: /Android/data/com.racechrono.pro/files/Movies/RaceChrono/

Try recording a video with the internal camera first, using the external storage setting. Then this folder will exist. You might need to reboot your phone for the folder to be available through USB in Windows.