Best Budget Two Camera Setup?

I currently have a Hero 3, and the remote start seems to work well enough. I want to add a second camera for front and rear views. I have a Pixel 2 phone. Any suggestions on a two-camera setup? Should I just get another Hero 3? Given my car is an open cockpit, a 360 camera could work too. Thanks for any ideas.

Comments

• Well, Hero 3 is getting a little old so maybe Hero 8 for second one?

RaceChrono does not support natively 360 degree videos, but you can always convert the videos with other apps to 16:9 frame videos and then link to your RaceChrono sessions.
  • I just use my pixel 3 phone as my 2nd camera with a Apex Pro smartphone mount for a very steady phone mount.
  • Good idea, phone as 2nd camera. I'll have to test in my 4runner around the neighborhood.
  • How do you setup a phone as a second camera? I use the tablet as the primary forward camera, and could use an old phone with WiFi for the second camera.
  • Well there's no special app support for this. I guess it's about recording another session with second phone, and then moving the resulting video files over to the main phone, and syncing them to its session.
  • edited April 2020
    That's good, because I don't own a smartphone; only a tablet. But a USB camera might be useful.