HTC Legend + CyanogenMod

Just in case there is anything you can do to work around the issue with the HTC legend, I spent some time while at the track trying to work out what the problem actually is.

Racechrono randomly stops recording, time stops increasing, file storage stops increasing, GPS lock display stops updating etc, but it doesn't say lost GPS.

If you disable and re-enable bluetooth, it picks up the GPS dongle again and carries on for a little while. Same if you stop recording / close the app / start recording again, it starts and then stops.

It can stop anywhere from 2 seconds into recording to couple of minutes. I have been lucky one day and managed to record 2 x 20 min sessions, but that was 2 our of 7.

Anyway we can do any more diagnostics before I go out and buy a new phone to use this software ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Okay - no need to answer this one for me as went out and bought another phone now anyway.

Looking good on the Huawei Ascend G300 + Q818XT.

Only a quick test so far but seems to keep GPS and keep recording for the 4-5 times i've randomly tried it. So fingers crossed.
  • Ok. The problem you had with the HTC Legend is unfortunately something I cannot fix. The bluetooth stack crashes due to software or hardware, and it is something I cannot modify. I have one ZTE Blade that behaves exactly same.
  • Thanks for the update - the original phone wouldn't pair, so installed new ROM, but GPS simply wouldn't play ball reliably.

I can however say that the Huawei Ascend G300 + Q818XT appears to be a rock stable combo - which will probably be good news for lots who end up buying a cheap android phone for racechrono.

Not yet tested it at the track, but the hours of test recording in the car have worked flawlessly.

Thanks for the great software !