NMEA exporting broken in v2.20 (fixed in v2.21)

This discussion was created from comments split from: RaceChrono v2.20 - v2.21 thread, free discussion.

Comments

• Hi aol,

I use the new version for 2 days on track and it works OK.
    I had problems when try to export the sessions in NMEA 0183 format and import it to the PC version. There are no laps on the PC. I have the track on both the Android and the PC. How can I solve the problem?
    Also when I try to compare 2 laps on the Android the trajectory of one of the laps is going out of the track. If I view the 2 laps one by one they looks OK.
  • Hi Ilian, can you send the session in question to me tracks(at)racechrono.com. You can find the session directories under /RaceChrono/ on your mass storage. The directories are named by date and time when it was started. I need all files in the session directory as .zip or .rar.
  • Hi aol,

I have a similar problem to Ilian. I've exported the sessions using NMEA 0183 and copied to my PC. I then imported into the PC version of the software version 1.45. The problem is the PC version doesn't show any laps have been done. I've noticed on the PC when I open the traveled route and zoom out a long way you can see the track about 50km away from the GPS data.

Something seems to have changed in the NMEA export since the last android version. I did some laps back in January and it worked fine.
  • edited March 2013
    Ok, maybe I broke the NMEA export then... But to be sure, can you also send me a test session? I will look this over on the weekend...
  • Yep, *.nmea export is broken in 2.20 aol :) Back to a backup racechrono 2.11 for now!
    Exported *.nmea's look like this:
    http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/display/1363360316-19225-81.249.155.159.html
  • edited March 2013
    They are off the place it was recorded and end up in straight honrizontal line, whereas they're displayed fine on racechrono android (any version). At first I was thinking about a gps failling to fix sattellites.
    I've tried to export with 2.11 a track recorded with 2.20 and it's ok. I hope it can help. Good luck!
  • All right then ... I'll fix this during weekend, no worries...
  • Fixed in v2.21
  • Thank you :)
    v2.21 works OK!
  • Great! Thank you aol!
  • Hi, I have a similar issue using 2.34 and the Win7-version: an exported session from android-version imports without error-messages (but too fast for credibility) into the Win7-version, but no laps are displayed, no traveled route. I can't see anything, even when I zoom out. But when I view the export in gpsvisualizer it looks OK.
  • I will test this for the next version again
  • Thankyou. I can send you the data, if needed.
  • edited September 2013
    Hi aol,

It seems the export is working after all.

My previous report was based on an export a friend had sent me (but also from Version 2.34), that did not work and showed the above symptoms.
    After that I requested that he send me the corresponding session-folder from his phone, my RaceChrono displayed that without problem.
    Then I went on and exported the data and was able to import into the Win7-version.
    Comparing the 2 files I see that the working file has CRLF (Windows-like), and the other only LF (Unix-like).

Any idea where this comes from? Maybe the filesystem on the SD-card?

So: If having problems exporting, try substituting LF with CRLF. ;-)

Sorry for the false alarm,
    FritzleRS
  • FritzieRS, Ah right, the usual CRLF problem :) When you send the NMEA over email, some email programs will do CRLF => LF conversion, and then RaceChrono will not be able to read it. Problem is the ".txt" extension that is a big mistake from my part. You can fix such file by opening it in WordPad and saving once. It does LF => CRLF conversion.