Predictive Lap Timer

I read that you are working on a predictive lap timer to be released soon. What is the current time table?

But first, your product is outstanding and should be a purchased app. Perhaps to make it easier to manage, your previous version (with less features) would be the free app. The free app is important because without it I would not have tried RaceChrono.

My setup is RaceChrono in a Samsung Galaxy Player (a discontinued non-phone 5" tablet) talking to RaceDac and Qstarz BT1000EX. It's mounted on the steering wheel of my Formula Vee. I'm still working on signal conditioning and programming RaceDac but I'm getting the speed, G loading, O2 readings, oil temp and pressure. Still working on RPM signal, and eventually CHT.

A couple of requests that I would like to see:
- The predictive lap timer output as the top item on the timing output screen. It's difficult to read the bottom line because of line of sight with my helmet on.
- Move the last sector time to the top and make it sticky, rather than reverting to current elapsed time. My sectors are always in the braking zone because I want to know how the previous corner helped or hindered my time to the next corner. Elapsed time is useless to me; I can barely remember to check the readout let alone remembering how fast I was the last lap at any point on the track.
- Continued support for data analysis on the PC. I haven't worked with it too much, but it seems that you are dropping support for the PC as far as the interactive graphics. If you can't continue development on that, are there (reasonably) priced programs that will give visual analysis of your exported data on the PC?

Thanks for the product.

Comments

• wyztek, funny that you mention this, as I've just released first official version of RaceChrono Pro! :) The release of RaceChrono Pro will probably keep me busy for couple of weeks, but hopefully predictive lap timing will be finished very soon after that. The original plan was to release RaceChrono Pro with the predictive lap timer from the start, but unfortunately I run out of time. This feature will also be added later to the Free version as in-app-purchase.

I have some plans to make the timer screen configurable, but I cannot yet say when I will have the time to work on it.

Unfortunately I do not have future plans for the PC version anymore. I'm sorry to say it would just be too much of a resource drain to continue that. If I will do something outside mobile, it will be probably some kind of web based tool. I'm nowadays recommending RaceLogic Circuit Tools as PC tool and Serious-Racing.com as web based solution.
  • I really like the predictive lap timer in the new racechrono pro! As a feature idea, it would be nice to have an option to configure the live timer screen to show only this number. Also another idea, if we could pick the comparison lap, that would also be useful. So the diff is not with regards the best of the day, but perhaps a lap that we did a particular line change (or a lap after it started to rain or some other external factor caused a delay). This would be very useful if it was an option in the offline analysis phase as well, while reviewing the recorded video and comparing between two laps. But great feature overall.
  • There will be "reference lap" feature in coming weeks.
  • Will the "reference lap" enable comparison with other sessions on the same track? Other sessions can also mean other drivers. This can be a great learning utility in real time driving. Suppose one can get a hold of a lap by a better driver and then try to follow the "ghost" runs and learn from them (or if the laps are available on some website via my-racechrono?). This can be a poor man's version of how video games like forza motorsports allow users to download the laps from the fast guys and try to learn from them.
  • I have planned to implement that to My RaceChrono but it will be longer project. I will start from cross-session comparison so you can at least use other sessions from your device. But infrastructure is there so it can be done.