Bluetooth pairing for BT-Q1000

Just a quick question.
I have an HTC wildfire running Android 2.2.1 running RC 2.4.6
I have just acquired an Qstarz BT-Q1000eX and paired it to my phone.
In my phone settings it shows that Qstarz is paired but not connected.
In RC settings I've selected device#1 and ticked the "use for recording" - in device type I've selected "BT gps receiver"
In Bluetooth device - Qstarz is shown and then "selected paired found" is shown.
I assume the settings in RC is what is required and not what is shown in my phone settings ie (paired but not connected)
Had me thinking that I had to purchase RC Pro to connect to external GPS (which I would have anyway) :-)

Cheers and thanks for a great product!

Comments

• Hi! Also free version should be able to connect to the bluetooth GPS.
    1) Update your free version to v2.90
    2) Start a new session
    3) Open device status from the small round arrow up button at the bottom of the screen
    4) What does it say? Does it say "Bluetooth GPS" and "Connecting..." or something else?
  • Thanks aol.
    I've joined the beta group but it looks like android 2.2.1 doesn't accept v2.90.
    I'll have to check if I can upgrade.
    Its a friends phone that he no longer uses and he lets me use it.
    My personal phones are the iphone 4S and a HTC HD7 win7...so I lucked out with those 2 lol.
    Anyway I took a log this morning on my way to work with the wildfire linked to the qstarz and it worked fine.
    So I'm happy with that.
    Thanks again for a great product and your help.
  • edited June 2014
    Oh, sorry missed that you're using old Android. Then 2.46 is the latest you can get sorry :) Great to hear you got it working!
  • Hi again, a friend has given me his old xperia x10i and I want to install RC onto it.
    Can you install RC on multiple phones or just the once?
    When I try to install it on the xperia,the RC site shows it as "installed" which I have done previously on the borrowed wildfire.
    Am I doing something wrong?
  • Sure you can install on multiple devices. Setup your Google account to the new phone, so your device will be visible at Play Store web site. This way also all your purchased apps and in-app-purchases will become usable on the other device. You can also use the Play Store app to install apps.
  • Thanks aol,it must have been software issue with the phones.
    I updated both phones software and the play store apps worked.
    The xperia phone installed RC fine but the Samsung gt-i9000 came up with incompatible device.
    Thanks very much with your help again.
  • Samsung gt-i9000 is on supported devices list in Play Store, so that should work too. Although you need to have Android 2.3.x to get RaceChrono v3.16 and Android 2.2 to get RaceChrono v2.46.