Does racechrono support Insta360 One RS+GPS?

Hi, I have an Insta360 One RS camera. I am thinking of getting an insta360 remote with built-in GPS. Just want to confirm if racechrono supports the GPS data from Insta360 video.

Comments

• edited December 2022
    Not supported right now, but if/when you have samples, please send links to tracks(at)racechrono.com . I will see what I can do.
  • I'm receiving my Insta360 RS and the remote in a few days.
    Do you still need samples to add this support in the application ?
    What kind of data would you need ?
  • @crAshkun Yes please. I only need samples of video files, and the matching metadata files if they are separate (like in Sonys). The files do not need to be from a track session, but I need them to be from driving around, so I can make sure the GPS coordinates match the video.
  • @aol_of_RaceChrono Looks like you're giving me an invitation to drive around and have some fun :smile:
    I'll try to capture some stuff before this weekend.
    Video + metadata from remote GPS (if not embedded with vidz). Noted !
  • Sent you an email at tracks[at]....
    Hope this helps you, and all of us with Insta 360 GPS remote.
  • Did the Insta 360 One ever get added please ??

ive the Insta 360 X2 and looking to get race chrono but making sure supported first

• @chrisboy999 there's no remote control support for it, and no importing for the GPS data, but you should still be able to link the videos to your sessions just fine.
  • Hey @aol_of_RaceChrono , did you manage to see if the integration is possible ?

It's not much to do on our side to have the layout of track and speed integrated in the insta app before import into RaceChrono, but it would be awesome not to have that extra step.

Excellent app, anyway !

• We haven't had a look, but we do have the latest Insta360 here with a GPS remote, so we can check when we have time. Although we're not planning support remote controlling the camera from RaceChrono, but rather just import the recorded GPS data (with the video).
  • Just the GPS data is plenty enough, guys.
    If you think it through, it's only logical : if you pull data from the video that was made with the remote, it means we DID use the remote to start/stop recording :smile:
    I understand the need for people without the remote, but importing data with video is already a big step (in my opinion).
    Keep going, best app I have tried for the track !
  • @crAshkun makes sense, thank you for the feedback, really appreciate it!
  • Hey guys, I just spent all day finding this workaround, so I thought I'd post it here!

I'm too poor to buy another camera, so I recorded some data with my Insta360 ONERS and GPS remote. Used the free Insta360 Studio software to extract the .gpx file from my clip (feature available in version 4.8.4 and higher), and then this website https://fit-route.pyrites.org.uk/ to convert it to a .fit file, which RaceChrono does already support!

Sounds simple enough, but I spent literally all day messing with different csv headers, trying to emulate an AIM or Qstars csv file, figuring out how to convert it to a .vbo without doing it manually, trying to re-embed the .gpx file into .mp4s that I exported from the original .insv, and trying to convert .insvs into .360 files, and converting to NMEA, to no avail. This seems to be the quickest fix. This also should help pretty much everyone else I've seen in these forums stuck with nothing but a GPX file. Might even be worth putting on your FAQ, @aol_of_RaceChrono ! Now we don't need to bother you with feature requests.

Have fun guys :)