gps with best positional accuracy?

Of the current crop of consumer grade GPS's, which one has the best positional accuracy? I'm looking to get one for comparing autocross runs.

Thanks!
Justin

Comments

• I use the BT818X for AutoSolo, which I guess is similar to what you're calling Autocross. You can see some of the example logs on my website, specifically those from the RosSolo are best.
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah, I think they're pretty similar.

So, I guess I should ask... are the lines represented by your data the actual lines that you drove, or was there some variation from lap to lap?

Thanks for the data!
  • The runs are only a few minutes apart and, yes, the lines from RaceChrono represent my lines. The less said about my lines the better, eh? I should really start looking for that apex...
  • If buying today you should get the 818XT which has 10Hz updates, should provide even better resolution for lines and splits.
  • I've been running the 818XT at 5hz rather than 10Hz, because the 818XT instruction manual implies that differential GPS (DGPS) is not available when operating at 10Hz! Strange. In any case, I would expect the increase in accuracy due to DGPS at 5Hz would far outweigh running at 10Hz without DGPS. If anyone knows of a way of running at 10Hz with DGPS positional accuracy enhancement, please let me know.