XGPS150 with RaceChrono on iOS

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if RaceChrono works with the Dual XGPS150?

I've seen plenty of discussion about the later 160 version but nothing on the 150.

Cheers,

Comments

• It's supported but RaceChrono does not change it to 5 Hz, so it runs 1 Hz. Now that I remember it, I'll add it to my TO-DO list...
  • edited September 2017
    FIY @slurms, you can change the update rate of Dual XGPS150A to 5 Hz using the Dual's "XGPS status tool" app in iOS.

There's slight incompatibility in current RaceChrono for iOS version 5.1.1, so the 1 Hz mode is actually 0.3 Hz. The 5 Hz mode runs just fine. This will be fixed in 5.1.2.

Dual XGPS150A and RaceChrono for Android version 5.1.1 runs fine in 1 Hz mode, but there seems to be no way to change it to 5 Hz mode.
  • for whatever it's worth, I did not have good luck with the 150 even on 5hz mode (really it was 4hz). Location accuracy was just not that great. Garmin GLO is significantly better for me
  • Track lines for the xgps 150a were not great for me. Some laps seemed to be off track un a couple of corners. It may be the acuracy of the device. GPS FW and app updated until last Nov 2020. Definitively best to try better options.