Video with overlays!!!

Hi all, might just be me but how do you get the video with overlay as a normal file?!?! Everything is just links to the chrono app vid, I want the overlaid video to be able to edit, cut, audio edit etc. Cant find the exported overlaid video anywhere, just loading up my phone data!

Comments

• Hi, at the moment the overlay cannot be exported as stand-alone. This is because the overlay heavily uses alpha channel, and the normal video format do not support alpha. There has been some ideas for the format, but I'd like to hear from you if you know how to solve that issue?
  • @EvilR1Clown At first read I thought you meant how to export an overlay video without the actual video frame in background.

But now when I re-read, I realise you mean you just want the exported video file. You can either share the video file from Export queue screen to Google Drive, DropBox etc, or dig the file from /Android/data/com.racechrono.pro(.app)/files/exports/ . The path is valid for either internal and external storage, depending which you selected upon export.
  • I've been experimenting lately with feeding plain-green (#00FF00) and plain-black (#000000) videos to RaceChrono to use for overlaying, so that I could merge its result manually with racing footage. I used OpenShot, but came back to DaVinci Resolve in the end, which worked much better for me (being not a pro).

Green background did not work out too well, as video compression artifacts appear very close to the gauges, especially moving parts like the speedometer needle. It can be mitigated to a certain degree by playing around with the editor's greenspace parameters, but I would not get it perfect.

Black background worked much better, almost free of artifacts after merging - however, I had to sacrifice the gauges' gray background panels for that. I think an overlay mode that only uses full black and white (maybe full red as well) would work out nicely in a setup like that.