Live sector comparison

edited August 2014 in RaceChrono for Android
Hello
I love the Race chrono Pro and it helped me very much to gain knowledge about new tracks quickly. I hope this request isn't posted already or if the feature already exists please advice :)
When training I'm more interested in sector times rather than lap times . If I can make green sector times, then I know the lap time will be great as well.

Would it be possible to choose the display layout in simple mode as:
Upper Left:This session or today's current best sector on current track ***** Upper Right: This session or today's best lap time on current track
Lower Left:Live result +/- compared to Upper Left ***** Lower Right: Live result +/- compared to Upper Right

Because as it is today, you can make a bad last sector, but still have an overall great (green) time. This is confusing, because you really don't know if you made a good line in the last sector or not. When you practice, you are really only interested in improving your race line. You are most interested in the current sector compared to the same sector from last lap, or compared to the best sector of today.

Is this doable?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hello again
    Here's an example of an improved sector timer. Because when your lap gets destroyed during a trackday, you might still want to improve a certain sector. And today it's not clear enough. I use racechrono for practising sectors mostly.
    http://i.imgur.com/wx73K09.jpg
    Cheers
  • I added your suggestions to my TODO item to remind me of your idea when it's time to overhaul the timer. I think this would be particularly in Nordschleife for example, where you rarely get a clean run. Not sure yet which features will make in to it, but the current "full lap time diff" will remain as default display.