HELP!!!!

Have just downloaded the RaceChrono Pro after seeing RaceChrono and the screens appear the same. All the screens I have are video, lap time, GPS and Map. How do you access the setings to add overlays and all the other information that is shown on clips?? Does it start automatically if you have the OBD11 port connected via bluetooth to the phone?? Had loaded Harry's Lap Timer and found it too complicated to set up for someone like me...too old I guess!!
Anyone with help would be appreciated
Cheers
Paul

Comments

• Hi, R26Man. Video overlays are done *after* you record a session, as part of the export feature. From a recorded session, tap the Export button in the top bar. Then choose Overlaid video.

There are three preset overlays - you can see a preview and also edit a preset by clicking the gear icon on the right side. A good amount of customization is possible, but I suggest not modifying the presets at first, and see how you like each one. Once you do customize a preset, RaceChrono remembers those settings so you can reuse them.

To actually assemble the final video, tap Add to queue, choose whether the output goes to internal or external storage, and tap Start. Once video is created, you can play it on your device through its regular video player, or use the same queue screen to Share the video, sending it via Bluetooth to a computer or similar.

Let us know how you get on - people here in the forum or aol (the app's author) can help further.
  • edited May 2015
    R26Man, the OBD-II reader is just used for extracting data from your car's ECU, such as RPM, throttle position and various temperatures. With the reader everything will work as it does without it, but with just more data channels that you can add to your videos for example. I'm glad to help you further too :)