GoPro 3+ Black shutting off - not reconnecting when using Racechrono

I have been using RaceChrono Pro for a while now for autocrossing, and manually creating video overlays from the data using racerender. I just realized that you have built that in to the app along with GoPro control, which is very exciting! However, I am having some issues. I just tested it out, and I can connect to and control the gopro (a 3+ black edition,) but when I start recording and then switch to the time display, after about 20 seconds I hear the gopro stop recording and then turn off. I tried another lap hitting start recording and then staying on the video screen, and while the gopro didn't turn off this time, the app lost connection to it, and then said unable to connect. The GoPro continued to record until I manual stopped it, and then the app was able to reconnect.

I would chalk this up to a gopro issue, but it works perfectly with the gopro app, which is how I have used it up to this point (Start the gopro using the gopro app, switch to racechrono, run my lap, switch back to the gopro app, and stop recording.) I would love to eliminate those steps and have the video synched automatically, but it doesn't seem to want to stay connected to RaceChrono.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 2015
    The 20 seconds switch off sounds like a bug, I will test that. There is feature like in RaceChrono but it should not switch off the camera while recording. Only when it is not.

I haven't experienced the lost connection problem though. Possibly the phone switched to another WiFi, or the camera switched off the WiFi?

I will improve the support for the next version. Let me know if you have additional information that I could use in my testing.
  • edited June 2015
    Ok I found the "20s switch off" bug. If you switch to the timer page too quickly after starting GoPro recording, the camera will be switched off after 20s. This should happen only when NOT recording, but if the page is switched too quickly it goes to invalid state.

Workaround: After pressing the video record button, stay at the video recording screen for 10 seconds (so you can see "recording 00:xx" text). Then switch page and camera should not be switched off.

Will be fixed for next version.