Galaxy s3

Hi Guys

I have a little question. Im into Karting and will be testing Racechrono with my GoPro soon.

The Question is, will racechrono work with my phones internal GPS while its in my pocket of my Kart suit? i dont know where else to put it.... Or will i need a Qstarz BT-Q818XT. Or this will not make a difference? Im totally new to this, Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Ps just remembered i have an android Pine Neptune watch with GPS. I could just put this on my wrist and all should work?

Comments

• You'll need external Bluetooth GPS, such as Garmin GLO or Dual XGPS 160. Qstarz is ok, but the two before mentioned are much better. You'll have trouble with internal GPS even before you put the phone in your pocket. Pocket will kill it completely ;)
  • Ok mate thanks for your help.
    Will the Garmin GLO work if in my pocket? Or will this still give me problems?

Cheers
  • Doesn't work in pocket too well. But it's small an robust, and doesn't cost too much. So attach it to your kart with some zip ties.
  • Ok mate will do thanks for all your help.
  • edited July 2015
    When recording with my Gopro through Racechrono Pro does it automatically show lap times and speedometer on the footage that i have recorded?
  • The video files need to be copied to the phone afterwards. Otherwise yes.
  • Excellent. Thankyou!