I bought RaceChrono pro Android, what can I use on my PC for video overlays with the same output ?

Hi,

RaceChrono is great, and I bought it.
But the video overlay sync is a nightmare on a 4.5inch Android.
I know Dashware and Racerender, but I would like to know if I can use a software provided by RaceChrono to sync the videos files.
This is most usable on a real computer than on a smartphone.
If there's no special software, how can I set Dashware to do the same video output as RaceChrono pro ?
I use Linux but solutions working in Windows are OK too.

Thanks in advance,
StardustOne

Comments

• edited September 2015
    RaceChrono is currently only for Android, and I don't have plans to do a Windows/Linux application unfortunately. It's just too much work, I think it's better to concentrate on the mobile apps to make them as good as possible. I'm looking at some ways to run the Android app on PC, but no promises on that side at the moment.

I think your options on Windows would be DashWare (discontinued) and RaceRender. Not sure what you mean same output, if you mean similar looking gauges; I don't think it's possible at least too easily.

That said, I think it's still easier to sync on 4.5" phone than with DashWare or RaceRender, as RaceChrono gives you a map display with satellite imagery, that makes it much easier to figure out position on track compared to video.
  • edited September 2015
    Yes, I mean 'similar looking gauges'

What is difficult in RaceChrono pro is to put the image from the video at the starting point (track start line) precisely. Or maybe I need an advice to do it well. (I know the youtube tutorial on how to sync).
    The only way I know is to use fast rewind/forward, play and pause (and sync *ms). On a PC I can select a particular frame (Dashware) on the start line and the start of the lap from racechrono.