Extra columns from CSV data

The aim solo 2 dl logs fields from the ECU which aren't picked up by RaceChrono so aren't available to graph during analysis. Is it possible to allow selection of the extra fields during the import process or just pick up all?

At the very least it'd be useful to have RPM and TPS available to be graphed for analysis.

Fields logged by the Solo 2 DL for reference:

Time
GPS Speed
GPS Nsat
GPS LatAcc
GPS LonAcc
GPS Slope
GPS Heading
GPS Gyro
GPS Altitude
GPS PosAccuracy
GPS SpdAccuracy
GPS Radius
GPS Latitude
GPS Longitude
MagnetomX
MagnetomY
MagnetomZ
Internal Battery
External Voltage
InlineAcc
LateralAcc
VerticalAcc
RollRate
PitchRate
YawRate
ECU TRACTION
ECU GEAR
ECU SPEED
ECU RPM
ECU MAPS SW
ECU ENG TEMP
ECU VBATT
ECU INT AIR TEM
ECU MAN AIR PRES
ECU ENG TPS
ECU CLUTCH
ECU HAND TPS

Comments

• edited August 2023
    @torqu3e Can you send me a sample AIM .CSV export or two? Preferably from a race track. Email them to tracks(at)racechrono.com .

Some of those columns are already picked up, but only without the "ECU" prefix, such as "RPM" and "Gear" columns.
  • Sent. Let me know if you need any more details.
  • Also, your comment hinted me to cheat a bit by changing column heading names to drop ECU and lo-behold RPM and Gear are being picked up. TPS is still an important one which is missing.

Ideally, just pick up all and let the user select from the field graph menu
  • Try "TPS" field header for that. Agreed, the column headers seem to change between every configuration. Not sure how it should be, so it needs some consideration.
  • @aol_of_RaceChrono ok yeah TPS worked as well. So are you going to share the list of all the column headers that RC will detect by default to edit the AIM data file with or bulk import them all and let the user select?

Once my Aim solo 2 dl arrives I will see if something can be done to rename those fields but I doubt that's going to be the case.
  • I haven't decided yet. I'll have to get AIM Solo here too.
  • Just for reference, the solo does not log ECU data, only the DL version of it does and what fields it logs is based on the protocol configured to use for the vehicle. So you will need the DL version and then try to figure a common set of similarly named fields.

If there's anything I can help with in the meanwhile by providing files/data do let me know.
  • Ah, yeah, I mean AIM Solo 2 DL obviously.
  • @aol_of_RaceChrono any cheat here for a field called "BrkPress" for Brake Pressure? Would be useful to monitor brake/throttle transitions.