Racebox 10hz vs Racebox mini s 25hz

Hi there,
New member here. I have a quick question, currently where I live with shipping and the black Friday sale. The costs are as follows;
- Racebox standalone 260eur (10hz)
- Racebox mini S 200 eur (25hz)
Would I be able to use the standalone unit with the app? Also is the difference between 10hz and 25hz tangible enough?
I would prefer only to have one unit mounted to the windshield with my phone in my pocket with the APP on. This way there is no need for two devices to be mounted and I can “play” with acceleration times etc. I am just worried about having very good accuracy.
I have written racebox directly and they claim that for all intensive purposes its similar in the accuracy department.
Thanks in advance,
Dick :)

Comments

• Only RaceBox Mini and Mini S are compatible with RaceChrono.
  • the difference between 10 and 25 depends. if you are really looking at the map track for analysis, i find 25 to be really good, 10 to be lacking.

for instance, going 130 km/h around a turn, that is 36 meters per second, so with 25hz that is updating every 1.44 meters, with 10hz, that 3.6 meters. 3.6 meters is pretty large, you may only get 1 or 2 updates throughout the entire turn, but if you are racing just for fun, probably doesn't matter too much. for me, i have lots of other things i can improve on before that difference means anything to me.

that being said, i use the racebox mini with racechrono and with it being BLE, etc, it just works, all the time, no fussing around at the track with gloves on etc, so i find that most valuable of all
  • Those are my thoughts exactly. Then in that case while the display is nice to have on the standalone. The app non compatibility means it’s a no go.

also if I chose to use a obd II port for throttle and brake position. I can’t do it. So mini S it is