OBD-II: Tested cars and readers!

Comments

• I glad it works. Thanks for feedback!
  • Has anyone try to connect some kind of reader to motorcycle?
    I use RC with my Samsung Omnia and external BT device for lap timing on my Yamaha YZF R1, but now I would like to have some additional data from ECU like RPM
  • edited April 2010
    OBDII Bluetooth bought by AlexMessoMalex is manufactured by "CBT Technology Co. Ltd." based in Shenzhen, China. It is the low coast product that is found everywhere on E-Bay.
    Device bluetooth signature is "CBT: dev B"

http://www.mbtecc.com/

Supported transfer baudrate is 9600 / 38400, try this ...
  • edited April 2010
    I have extensively tested this OBDII Bluetooth device manufactured by "CBT Technology Co. Ltd.", for exemple it work with OBDGauge, but it don't work with RaceChrono 1.4 !
  • edited April 2010
    Hugos, sorry to hear that OBD-II reader doesn't work. I'll have to consider buying one.
  • If you want I can send it by mail.
  • Yes, why not. I'll email you my address.
  • edited May 2010
    Just bought a cheap ELM327 OBD2 Bluetooth device and tried together with RaceChrono on my E5800 phone. Connected without a hitch and seems to work great.

Only tried some Performance Testing so far though.

EDIT: Oh, should probably mention that I tested with my Honda Civic Type-R -02 (european model).
  • Hi David Lundin,

What do you see when this cheap device is connected on your E5800 phone (ie bluetooth signature) ?

is "CBT: dev B" ?
  • edited May 2010
    Good question, I can't recall what it said, it went smoothly with RC though. I'll check tomorrow if I get the chance!
  • hugos: Probably different from yours, as I cannot get it to work with Nokia 5800 :)
  • Went out in the rain, sat down in my car and turned the ignition before I realized I could (obviously) see what devices I had paired with my phone without actually needing them to be connected at the time hehe.

My device is identified as "CAN OBDII".
  • edited May 2010
    David Lundin: Thank for the reply. This product you have ?

http://www.ccssit.cn/html/ProductView.asp?ID=67&SortID=130

(Is that right now is misery, in southern europe rain and cold in May ... I dream of sun ...)
  • edited May 2010
    Well, it doesn't look exactly like the one in the picture (mine is blue and without any sticker or anything), but then again, it doesn't match the picture from the store where I bought it either. The small driver/software disc is the exact same that I got with mine and the description of the contained software and hardware is also identical so I think it's the same unit.
  • Ok, and the 5 LEDs are in the same place on the same side as the OBD socket of the photo ?
  • Nope, no leds at all. Just an anonymous blue box.

It does on the picture where I bought it though. I will have a word with them about that, and also because there was also a virus-infected .DLL-file on the software disc!
  • Hy,

I am new here. I own an Fiat Stilo 1.8 petrol and a Nokia LD3W external GPS. The software work great with the GPS but a can't connect to OBD. I have an ELM 327 V1.3a and it is fully compatibile with the car. All software that came with the cable connect to the car but RaceChrono does not. The message that I have is "No connection to OBD".
    what can I do?
  • Godzzi: to identify your hardware, what you see when OBD device (ELM 327 V1.3a) is connected on your system (ie bluetooth signature) ?
  • USB Serial Port (COM9). in race chrono i've selected com port 9 for OBD.
  • Godzzi: this is not what I ask you, but rather the name of bluetooth device paired with your system.
  • sorry. the only bluetooth device is the GPS (nokia ld33w). The ELM327 cable is an OBD-USB.
  • Thanks for the reply.
  • edited May 2010
    I fixed the problem. It was the com port that it remains stuck. The program works only after a fresh windows boot. I tested the program on:
    Seat Ibiza 2008 - 1.2 , 12v engine and
    Fiat Stilo 2002 - 1.8 , 16v engine
    The test were done on windows version on a laptop+elm327 v1.3a cable + external GPS Nokia LD3W
  • Hugos/AOL,
    Any luck getting the OBD-II from CBT Technology working with Racechrono??

Also Hugos what motorcycles have you used tej OBT with?
    I have a GSXR600 K7 any ideas what might work??

Thanks
  • Yoshiboldor, sorry I do not have knowledge about that.
  • edited July 2010
    yoshiboldor: I tested the OBD-II from CBT Technology on my "Triumph 675 Street Triple".

At this time this OBDII Bluetooth device work with OBDGauge (tested on PocketPC and wm2003se) BUT don't work with RaceChrono 1.4 ! OBDII Bluetooth Cheap device, the response time should not be good ?

other things : Are you sure your bike (GSXR600 K7) has the OBD-II socket ?
  • I also have problems pairing the ELM327-Bluetooth to RC (Nokia E75). My ELM-adapter looks pretty much like this : http://www.mbtecc.com/book.asp?nid=76&bookid=102

All the other programs and the phone itself finds the ELM327-Bluetooth-adapter but when I try search BT-devices in RC, it doesn't even find the device. So I can't try pairing to it. And this problem is only in RC. Is there anything to do for resolving this problem?
  • I have one of those sent by an user. For me it pairs just fine, but can't make it work more than few seconds.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm using "Windows Mobile Professional 1.40ver"

OS. Windows Mobile 5.0
    ExternalGPS.Bluetooth PhotoMate 887 10Hz
    ELM327 Bluetooth OBD-II Wireless Transceiver Dongle

Car.2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9

I have problems..
    The filds of "RPM" and "Throttle Position" in exported csv file was "0"
    I was able to recognize it while it was recording in Live timing monitor, "RPM" "Throttle Position" "Intake temperature" and "OBD Speed" and more.

Could you like confirm these files?

It is the one the same even if any is chosen.
    http://www.multiupload.com/FAVVF8TZ2P
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X3J8FZK4
    http://rapidshare.com/files/408382733/Lancer_data.zip
  • Hi tomo.evo9,

It's impossible to download your files, the response is :

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /uploads/datalogger/ on this server.